- Use a NEW two or three piece bolt-together drain with the outer edges of the sub-drain flange installed flush or resting on top of slab/subfloor
- Set water thresh-hold also known as the entry dam/curb at a height above the drain top strainer. Three stacked 2x4"s is common. Damless showers MUST have recessed subfloor.
- The wall base around the shower needs to have a minimum of 10 inches high of solid blocking in between the studs. 2x10"s are common.
- Benches need to be solid on all faces to be hot mopped. In addition, benches need to have a minimum of 4" inches of backing around them; this includes the top and side walls. Please call for details about preparing floating benches.
- Sub floor must be level and solid with no gaps or holes.
Questions? Call Us 1-888-811-2322
Decks and Balconies
- Make sure subfloor is solid (no holes or gaps) and slopped to the sub drain flange or gutter.
- Completely remove any old waterproof membranes and make sure deck is dry and clean.
- Deck needs to be PROPERLY flashed using 4” inch “L” shaped metal flashing on all walls, steps, and transitions. This flashing needs to go behind stucco siding.
* We do not do flashing. You must consult your local code requirements and/or a general contractor to make sure this is done correctly.